I'm reposing this. It's one of those things people continue to get wrong.
More Money More Children
At any given education level richer people have more children.
Once school is completed educated women have children at the same rate as uneducated women but they have fewer years at it.
Most women still say that they want to have 2 or 3 children but educated women are more likely to fall short of their own stated desire.
Note that if a woman get pregnant she is likely to drop out of school and that same woman has zero chance of never having a child.
it looks like children get in the way of schooling AND school gets in the way having children, and that makes more
educated women end up having fewer children and more educated women tend
to be richer but it's not that they are richer.
Colleges might want to cater more to married with children students.
- Lyman Stone on fertility
- The reason the richest women in the US are the ones having the most kids
- Less-Educated Women Have More Children. Or Is It the Other Way Around?
- The Rich Have More Kids
- Kids Are Normal Goods for Both Genders
- The Great Baby Bust of 2017
- New study on childbearing and education offers surprising findings